Wednesday 22 April 2020

Photoshop 01: Actions Panel

Learning how to batch resize images...and use the batch edit function AND learn how to record actions or processes used on one image to do the resizing.
I found this excellent tutorial here:
https://enviragallery.com/how-to-batch-resize-images-in-photoshop/

Then I went off to develop some smaller images for use on my website (which is still under major construction, its needs plastering, painting and filling in with work).

I have wondered if it's worth while making such a tutorial a resource for my teaching file, but really, if someone else has already done the awesome work of putting together a really straightforward guide, why should I repeat it?

Thinking this could be manipulated to then have colour painted onto images automatically, but using the colour picker tool to pick out colours at random for each image, so in essence you get a unique colour palette each time you use the action.

Unfortunately, this didn't work.

Photoshop goes through the process, and even flickers through colours from the time the action was originally recorded, but nothing comes up on the image. 
I checked to make sure that the other actions were still working, and of course the resize action in the screenshots below worked perfectly. 
But maybe there are other ways of using the Actions tool to create some automated starting points to work with?

Also I've finally updated my mixed media gallery with the Mix and Match series:
https://hennajaved.squarespace.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment